D & S Asphalt Sealing Co. heave been seal coating for our customers asphalt needs for over 30 years.
As part of a pavement maintenance program, We have established that seal coating:
- Extends the life of the pavement at one-third the cost of pavement replacement.
- Reduces the cost of regular maintenance
- Helps traffic markings last longer
- Improves the appearance of the pavement.
Without scheduled maintenance oxidation of the pavement surface begins which causes the asphalt to dry and become brittle. This leads to erosion and small cracks in the pavement. If left untreated these cracks grow over time and eventually allow water to penetrate to the base of the pavement. This will eventfully cause further cracking and an alligator appearance. When it reaches this stage usually the only option is removal and replacement of the old asphalt.
What are seal coats?
Seal coats are applied directly to the the surface of the asphalt pavement. It can be applied by rubber squeegee, broom, or mechanical spray.
- Seal coats seal the top of the asphalt, preventing water from penetrating the surface of the pavement and protecting the top layer of asphalt from oxidation and wear caused by exposure to the sun and air. Seal coats also beautify the pavement by providing a smooth, black, even surface ideal for painting lines.
- Seal coats are designed for off highway use where there are low traffic speeds and tight turning raduces such as parking lots, mobile home parks, schools, driveways, etc.
- Seal coats are different than slurry seals which use a much courser aggregate filler and are designed for use on high speed areas with straight rolling traffic.
How does Seal coating help?
- Seal coating seals the asphalt pavement preventing the oxidation and erosion of the top layer of asphalt.
- On older pavements seal coating replaces fine particles lost from the surface by oxidation.
- Seal coating seals the small cracks that can turn into large cracks and prevents water from seeping down to the base material.
- Seal coating provides an attractive black surface that is ideal for painting lines and other markers.
- Seal coating costs pennies a square foot compared to the dollars needed to repair or replace damaged asphalt.
Let D & S Asphalt Sealing Co. help you with all of your asphalt needs.